I finally got my garden beds planted a couple of weeks ago.
3 Tomato plants and 3 Bell Pepper plants – Hoping for a good harvest of bell peppers for a batch of pepper jelly!
Lettuce & Spinach plants – I’ve planted lettuce by seed in the past but decided to go with plants this year – good decision!
Garden from a distance
Lemon Thyme – This stuff smells amazing!
Before . . .
After . . .
Soooo, I bought the cube storage from Target https://tinyurl.com/y4vkae9y because I just didn’t feel like making one from scratch and then having to paint it. This was an almost perfect fit as is. The floor in the pantry wasn’t super level and the cubbies were shorter than I was hoping for so I bought these furniture legs from Lowes https://tinyurl.com/y9k9vqq7 I ended up going back and getting a third one. The threads are removeable but I left them on to make them easier to paint.
I painted a couple of coats and then removed the threads. I put the 3 white feet in the front of the cabinet and cut some 4×4’s from some scrap wood for the back legs.
I used Liquid Nails and a nail gun to attach all the legs. I had to use this mason jar and some tiles to raise up the unit so I could slide the legs underneath. I needed a second set of hands.
It fits perfect in this spot! I also bought the red 13″ storage bins from Target. Now I need to cut some beadboard to finish above the teal countertop to the left . . . sooo close to being done.
Butter dish and jars are from Pioneer Woman (Walmart) and the wood slice is from Joann’s, I just stained it.
I had planned on hanging the door higher (like my other barn door) but realized this door was too short. So I had to remove the support board I’d originally hung (above the door frame) and added a smaller one adjacent to the door frame.
This was the lowest I could hang it and it’s still going to be shorter than normal but I reallllly wanted to use my old vintage door, so it is what it is 😉 Then I painted the wall and door trim so it was fresh and clean.
Taa daa!! I loveeeee it!! It did take 3 coats of paint, lol. You can’t tell in this picture but after I hung it I realized the door is totally caddie-whampus. I’d known that when it was my original back door that it had a weird piece of trim down the side of it but I never thought twice about it! The door itself is crooked! It hangs level, the barn door rod is level, my roller brackets are straight, but the door is totally crooked!! Oh well, one of my friends said it adds character, LOL. I’m going with that!
The dead bolt is orignial, I just cleaned it up and put it back on. I’ve had this door knob for 5 years (bought it from Home Goods), just waiting for this day! It’s the perfect touch for my caddie-whampus door 😉
Ok, it’s all sanded and cleaned up. I started painting and oh my word – how many coats is this going to take??? I’m guessing 3 . . . let’s be clear – 3 is how many I will do, lol. Oh, the color is a custom match to a red pillow that I have 😉
This is the first batch of the season and let me just say . . . “I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it . . . I’m about to lose control and I think I like it!!” You will toooooo, here’s the recipe – it’s actually adapted from The Pioneer Woman’s Recipe for Iced Coffee . . . . https://gettinmycountryon.com/2013/05/15/how-to-iced-coffee/
So this is a picture of my pantry linoleum. I would have loved to carry my kitchen flooring straight into the pantry, but the standup crawlspace door is in the middle of the floor. And it’s already as heavy as can be. So in order to not add anymore weight to the floor door I decided to go with a piece of sheet vinyl linoleum.
My Home Depot sells 6×8 sheets for $25 and I like to use them for my photography flooring. The size was just what I needed for this space. Cutting it was a piece of cake – getting it down was a bit of a process.
I had read about this 2 sided tape and I wanted something for gripping the linoleum to the subfloor, but I didn’t want to glue it completely down. This stuff was perfect – my problem was pulling the flooring back and then laying it back down over the extremely sticky tape. I should have “weighed” down the 1/2 that wasn’t taped – because it slipped and then I was praying and cussing at that same time!! Once this stuff sticks – it STICKS! Well it was all fixable but lesson learned!
This is the floor door to the standup crawlspace. This part was not fun but got it done.
Not to shabby! And after putting this down I realized it was the perfect solution in more ways than one – I realized how un-level the floor actually was.
I have to say – I was totally surprised when I took this picture because I was shocked at how good the lines actually lined up! Sweet – even thought it’s totally covered by a rug, (inner satisfaction) lol.
I love snapdragons and I’m usually too late to purchase them by the time I think about buying some.
I had to make a run to Home Depot for some paint for my pantry barn door and I saw these! Yahoo! Oh, and looking at this picture is a friendly reminder to myself to re-paint the pumpkin patch fence, lol.