Mom and Pete were up from Albuquerque for Belley’s party so thought I’d look into my “Dinner” Pinterest board to try something new. Voila . . . “Green Chili Chicken Bake”. It was yummy and super simple! Enjoy . . . . What do you think Uncle Lyndie?
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 4 oz can chopped green chilis
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper until combined. Then stir in the green chilis and stir until evenly mixed. The key here is just making sure that you are starting with nice softened cream cheese.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Cover the chicken breasts with the green chili mixture. Then top with the monterey jack cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack (uncovered) for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- The recipe suggests serving over rice but I didn’t feel there was enough sauce to do that so I’d just serve it as the main dish.
Here’s the original link: http://www.thepinningmama.com/green-chili-chicken-bake-recipe/
Sounds delicious! I sent it to Uncle Lyndie and suggested we can also use low fat cream cheese or perhaps cottage cheese . .
made this last night oh boy was it yummy, I added a 1/3 can of creme of mushroom soup & I had Mozzarella cheese & no montery jack, with those changes it gave you enough liquid to add rice if you wanted, I did not however🤓thanks for this recipe, it will be my lunch today as well, Have a blessed Monday Ronda😎
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Terri – love the creme of mushroom soup addition!