We have a new “Kneaders” in town and I’m in love with their “Chicken Salad”. I usually make my chicken salad a little sweet with grapes and walnuts. Their’s is a little more savory. I found this recipe on Pinterest but it didn’t include water chestnuts and dill which is in Kneaders Chicken Salad. When I make this again, I’ll half this recipe:
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1-1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 stocks celery, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- (I added 1/2 teaspoon of dill & about 1/2 can of chopped water chestnuts)
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cooked and shredded (I used two of those large cans of cooked chicken from Sam’s Club)
- 6-8 rolls or bread of choice (depending on your bread choice – I think it made more than this, like 12 sandwiches) (I would recommend croissants)
- Mix vinegar, salt, pepper, dill, mayonnaise and sour cream together.
- Mix celery, green onion, chicken and water chestnuts in separate bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Let set overnight or for a few hours for the best flavor.
YUMMMMMM – here’s the link that I found (just remember to add the dill & water chestnuts): http://tinyurl.com/lbnuzcs