Ok, I love these banners! Super simple. I’ve tried to go step-by-step which may seem like a long process but seriously it’s really easy!
All you need is: 5 Fabric Quarters (Joanne's) = 25 flags 7x9 2 Packages Extra Wide Double-Fold Bias Tape(2 banners) Thread
Here we go . . .
– open up your all your squares & press them in half lengthwise
– then cut them all in half, lengthwise
– line up your fabric on a cutting mat
– place your ruler or cutting guide at 7″ on the top and then 3 1/2″ at the point (your point is 1/2 the distance as your top measurement)
– cut your left side – then move ruler/cutting guide to the right and make your right cut
– continue to make cuts with a 7″ top & 3 1/2″ bottom – you’ll get 5 flags from each pattern
– stitch along the lengths of your flags (not the tops)
– I decided to continue stitching flags together & snipping them apart later (saves from stopping after every flag)
– leaving approx. 12″ at both ends of your bias tape, place flags inside the bias tape & pin
– for the wedding flags I decided to space them apart 6″ (cause the tent is 40′ wide) but you can place them corner to corner
– sew the entire length of the bias tape
– you’ll end up with 12 flags per banner tape if you place them corner to corner OR 7 flags per banner if you place them 6″ apart
Hopefully this all makes sense . . . if not, here is the original link which is super helpful too! http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/fabric-pendant-banner-tutorial/
And remember it’s JUST a party banner!! Don’t make yourself crazy if your cuts aren’t perfect or your stitching is straight, (that was MY mantra, lol)
Looks awesome and I am very excited to see them in person! Thanks for the easy tutorial!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Fall is in the Air! | Country Girl