I found this recipe this weekend (not on Pinterest) and just happened to have all the ingredients. I was thinking “ohhhhh tuna casserole, hmmm”. Well I was pleasantly surprised. Adding the fresh lemon and capers to the Alfredo sauce was really good and changed the whole flavor of the Alfredo. This isn’t a great picture but I had some fresh mushrooms so I sautéed them and added them at the end. YUM!!!! Maybe next time I’ll add some broccoli or fresh asparagus. Here’s the recipe & link – I actually halved this recipe. http://alturl.com/eddxs
- 12 ounces extra-wide egg noodles (I used linguine)
- 1 lemon
- 1 15 ounce jar light garlic Alfredo sauce (I used Bertolli)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained (or more, love capers)
- 1 12 ounce can solid white albacore tuna, drained
- Cracked black pepper and/or chives (optional) (or pine nuts!)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Cover and keep warm. Finely shred lemon peel and squeeze juice from lemon; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and capers. Heat through.
3. Add tuna and noodles to sauce; stir gently to combine. Return to heat just until heated through. Top with lemon peel and, if desired, black pepper and/or chives.