- 8 Roma Tomatoes, cored and sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbls. balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 (14oz.) cans artichoke bottoms, rinsed & drained
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- 12 balls fresh mozzarella in water, cherry tomato size
- 1/4 cup jarred basil pesto
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the ends off tomatoes, cut lengthwise & remove seeds. In bowl toss tomatoes with vinaigrette & season w/salt & pepper. Place tomatoes on baking sheet, cut side up & roast for up to 3 hours. Allow tomatoes to cool. (make ahead & refrigerate for up to 2 days)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet w/parchment. Gently toss artichoke bottoms w/lemon juice. Let sit 5 min. Rinse artichokes w/cold water & pat dry. Trim bottoms to sit flat on baking sheet. Top bottoms w/a roasted tomato, mozzarella ball & teaspoon of pesto. Bake 5 min. Serve immediately.
Note: I could ONLY find the artichoke bottoms at Target . . . and maybe substitute goat cheese for the mozzarella balls, hmmmmm I need to try that!