Mom and Pete were up from Albuquerque for Belley’s party so thought I’d look into my “Dinner” Pinterest board to try something new. Voila . . . “Green Chili Chicken Bake”. It was yummy and super simple! Enjoy . . . . What do you think Uncle Lyndie?
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 4 oz can chopped green chilis
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper until combined. Then stir in the green chilis and stir until evenly mixed. The key here is just making sure that you are starting with nice softened cream cheese.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Cover the chicken breasts with the green chili mixture. Then top with the monterey jack cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack (uncovered) for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- The recipe suggests serving over rice but I didn’t feel there was enough sauce to do that so I’d just serve it as the main dish.
Here’s the original link: http://www.thepinningmama.com/green-chili-chicken-bake-recipe/